Pages

Monday 22 October 2012

Fashion Trends and Fashion Individuals at Shop & Sip

Not only was this fab event graced by designer Farai Simoyi from New York and models from Catherine Ruze Agency Africa gracing her designs, but bloggers, fashion lovers and heavyweights in the fashion industry were all in appearance (did I mention there was a red carpet?! Yes there was!). Not only did I get to meet Farai herself but I also got to meet fellow Zimbabwean fashion blogger Tatenda Robin of Concrete Jungle Fashion and my LLF for September. She was so cool and looked lovely in a floral print bodycon dress with a cut out design in the back (I secretly loved her solange inspired hair!) I also got to meet Zim Hip-hop musician Tehn Diamond and the lovely Lochnation from ZiFM Stereo (you guys, she’s gorgeous! Not to mention the neckpiece she was rocking! That’s all I was looking at!).
Tehn Diamond and Lochnation



I finally got to meet Tehn Diamond and Lochnation



Chocolate Princess ladies in the blue dresses with Lochnation

CP ladies with Farai Simoyi

I also got to meet the ladies of Chocolate Princess who were my LLF for June They were rocking out in blue figure hugging bodycon dresses (which is a colour that I love to wear on a day to day basis, I picked that up from my mom). I also spotted Priscilla Chigariro, Zimbabwe Fashion Week’s director in a green little number and Addicted to Shoes’ Pokello Nare whose beige/nude bodycon tiny-layered dress with that spike neckpiece and the matching shoes was by far my favourite outfit of the evening. Not to forget I also had the privilege to meet the gentlemen behind Passport and Kickstart stores, Prosper and Zed (I don’t know where they get their fashion inspiration from but I love it!) as well as Zimbojam’s Fungayi, who speaks eloquent French!
Priscilla Chigariro in the lime/green dress

Pokello Nare


The gentlemen behind Passport and Kickstart stores, Prosper and Zed.

The fashion trends within the Passport store consisted of a lot of loose and flowing blouses, floral and some tribal prints on the pencil skirts, blouses as well and dresses. I spotted a lot less popping colour on display and a lot more neutral colours such as browns, beiges, nudes and blacks especially on the blouses. For the gentleman at the Kickstart store I spotted a lot of blazers in bright oranges and blues as well as neutrals such as greys and stripes.











I'm obsessed with brown handbags! (I owe it to my mom)



Blouses, Blouses, Blouses!


How cute is the bow on this floral dress.






 (Stock was available at the time pictures where taken)









And as for me, I choose to keep my look very comfortable as it was a first for me and I wanted to look at ease. I kept my look low key with no makeup (I’m not a makeup girl) and no jewellery. I had on a black blazer with black jeans and black high heels which I set off with a cream blouse that had an embroidery detail. My hair was in a push back braided down in the sides. “No attention on me” was the motto!
I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I loved writing it! J
Stay Gorg and Glam
GD


No comments:

Post a Comment