Pages

Monday 22 October 2012

Shop & Sip with Farai by Farai Simoyi


On Friday night (19th October), I had the awesome privilege of attending a fashion night out event which was a Shop & Sip at Groombridge’s Passport clothing store in conjunction with Farai by Farai Simoyi , Catherine Ruze Agency Africa and the awesome Jewel Magazine. I say “awesome privilege of attending” because initially my parents did not approve of the idea and the event itself but my luck changed at the last hour (even though I was super tired from school). God was definitely on my side and rooting for me! The event in itself was a dream come true for me as a new blogger and for a non-clubber or “booter”. It was a fashionable occasion from start to finish with Farai Simoyi’s Farai label being the main attraction.



Farai Simoyi is a Zimbabwean designer based in New York City and on Friday evening she launched her clothing label here in Zimbabwe at a fabulous Shop & Sip party held at Passport Groombridge. Some of Farai’s designs where showcased by Catherine Ruze Agency Africa’s models with my favourite design adorned by a gorgeously tall model Chipo; who in my opinion, stole the show in a long gold almost bronze gown (she looked just divine!). The officiator of the soiree was Jewel magazine which is spearheaded by The Mutendi family. Drinks and snacks were served with beverages from The House of J.C. LeRoux and Amarula as well as delectable hors d’ouveres .
Myself, Designer Farai Simoyi and fellow blogger Robin Chaibva

Farai Simoyi with Zimbabwe Fashion Week's director, Priscilla Chigariro


Drinks were served by The House of J.C. Le Roux

Farai’s designs were just divine consisting of a lot of prints in fun florals pieces in peplum designs, bodycon dresses and shoulder blouses (the one rocked by Farai herself), which I felt where perfectly in line with summer and upcoming Christmas season. One of my favourite pieces on display was a floral peplum dress and a black jumpsuit with beige detailing on the back leg.
Catherine Ruze models in Farai clothing

The Farai label



Model Chipo of Catherine Ruze in the lovely Farai gown.





One of my favourite pieces. the floral peplum dress.







In a nutshell Farai’s designs were just exquisite and bettermore they’re now available for purchase locally for any international loving fashionista. On the other hand, I’m more than grateful and full of gratitude that I got the opportunity to attend my first fashion event as a growing GlamDoll!
Stay Gorg and Glam
GD

No comments:

Post a Comment