Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

My Weekend Ensemble: Edgy + Chic

This week it’s a second round with the ankle boots from Sapatos. I’m always looking for something that complements my character, and these wedge boots completely fit the bill. I wore this look on Sunday, which was also Father’s Day; due to internet connectivity and load shedding I couldn’t post anything on Instagram for my dad, but I will honour him in this post by saying he is the BEST dad ever! A lot of the times there is more emphasis on women’s groups, organisations and celebratory holidays, but if you take a closer only one day a year is set aside just for the men, which is Father’s Day. To which some men out there are pretty cool dads! Kudos to them!


So my ensemble this week is Edgy + Chic; I was thinking of black and accents of grey, something fun and warm yet still chic to wear to church. I paired a black cape peacoat, with ankle boots and a vintage black and grey pullover from my mom’s closet. The original idea to this look was to add a black scarf, but instead I switched it for a bullet grey neck piece from bling bling, and finished off my accessories with a yellow watch and matching gold chain bracelet. These jeans are my favourite pair of denims right now because they have a loose fitting to them, which comprehends the boyfriend jean trend (which I adore). I absolutely love the faded hue detail over the overall blue shade of the denims, and they are super comfortable too.

Quick tip: you can accomplish the faded hue bit by scrapping an old pair of denims with sand paper. Best trick in the book!




So Sunday’s look embodied an edgy-chic persona with the blue jeans, black detail, choker neckpiece, pullover stripes and wedge ankles that complete the chic look I was going for.
Still on the topic of Chic, myself with #TheGLAMProject have teamed with Concrete Jungle Ngosikadzi to style two African pieces for your fashionable convenience. One a tent dress and the other a classic wrap dress in African print. These style posts will be rolling out all of June and July, so I’m excited to experiment with some of my closet styling tips, and get you in on personal blogger fashion!

But all the same, do remain Gorgeous,

Yours in a Cape coat and choker neck piece;


Tendai Sophia

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely and warm!
    www.fabulously-pink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article...great insight... best fashion blog in my country... keep shinning girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete