Pages

Monday 31 December 2012

Styled By Africa Pop Up Garden Party


Styled By Africa is a fashion and lifestyle blog by international African blogging duo Kiran Yoliswa and Alae Ismail who were the super winners of Virgin Media Pioneers’ trip to India with Virgin International Company’s brainchild, Richard Branson. The girls were paying a visit to one of many home nations, Zimbabwe, where they threw an awesomely fantast-tic party in Harare’s Greystone Park at the Palm Estate. The Pop Up party (which was on Sunday 23 December) was hosted by our very own Lochnation of ZiFM’s Off The Wall and I must say it was just splendid! The event was FREE from 2-4pm, after that one had to pay $3.00 for entry (which really isn’t at all bad), lucky for moi, I got there early! Although I didn’t manage to stay there for long, I had such a lovely time especially since this was my second Fashion event of the year. What was even better is that it was a 20 minute drive away from home so how could I not be early! And to top it all off I brought my sister along and she just had a fun time.

Not to forget; the initiative behind the fab Pop Up Garden Party was to fundraise for a Zimbabwe Leadership Organisation called “Lead Us Today”, so all proceeds made went to the organisation.

So with Fashion, Music, Good food and Good people made this a lovely agenda. Fashionable hand made art; original jewellery and clothing were on display and for sale. Crafty handmade artisan pieces were by Serendipity whilst handmade jewelry made out of local, Indian and West African beads were by Brown Fruit designs and Dee-Kaw-Zee. Rumbi Chirumbwana of Rumbi Rumbi was showcasing some lovely jackets (in the most divine Indian/Paisley print material) and kaftan inspired tops. Designer Danayi Chapfika showed off the cutest circle dress I’ve ever seen in a purely African inspiration. Seven Two Nine Apparel was funky with hip hop tee shirts that snazzy Harare slogans and Heppi (Happy tee shirts) by Tehn Diamond (I wanted a Happy tee so bad but my 3 month semester break is killing my wallet, and can you believe it was $5.00 for the Happy track and a CD).

My next favourite part was the music and food! (I may be tiny but I loovvee my food). The music was Perfect with a capital P (the music made it my kinda party and I was so glad because I’m not a club person so for me it was Perfect. I wasn’t sure who the DJ was, but MADD respect and shout out to him. It was well done! The food was amazing and it was done by a little catering company called Nourish. Their burgers, hotdogs and tortilla-looking rolls were just cute! (and delicious). Live performances were by Ammara Brown, Tehn Diamond ft Jnr Brown and Davina Green. I was glad I managed to see Davina Green perform before I left. Her voice was just mind-blowing, I utterly enjoyed it. Unfortunately I didn’t see Tehn and Ammara perform later in the evening, my curfew was calling.

This was by far the lovliest party I’ve been to in ages. The vibe was just chilled yet lovely (I’m using a lot of the word “Lovely” only because it makes me happy) and it was well organised and the socialites were just great. Thanks to Styled By Africa, Lochnation, Nourish, The DJ, the artists and the beautiful people in Harare. You’re just DIVINE!

Stay Gorg and Glam.
GD







The Palm Estate

 Serendipity
Lovely Handmade Decor







Brown Fruit Designs
Handmade jewellery in local and West African beading






The ladies behind Brown Fruit Designs


 Seven Two Nine Apparel






Rumbi Rumbi




Designer Rumbi



 Danai Chapfika




Dee-Kaw-Zee
Handmade jewellery









No comments:

Post a Comment