Pages

Monday 30 September 2013

My Weekend Ensemble: Sailor Inspired

This Sunday look was inspired by a combination of nautical and sailor chic fashion; with main emphasis on the stripes as the defining factor. I've always admired the Sailor look a la Mademoiselle Coco Chanel, that i decided to conjure my own version (in Zimbabwe of course). Now the sailor look is a whole combination of boat shoes, double-panelled jacket with the finishing anchor and sailor hat accessories. The colour palette is your whites, reds, dark navy and blush tones such as pink, blue or orange.

I paired my sailor inspired ensemble with a striped shirt (Breton stripes is the fancy name), peg leg pants (or cigarette pants, call ‘em what you like), my pink blazer and pointy studded pumps from jet.  And the tote with the beaded necklace were my only two accessories. I'm pretty sure i made a pretty good impression. I took my look to Sam Levy Village that morning to buy books (i'm obsessed with new stationary for each new semester) and also to check out whats buzzing at the Sunday Fleamarket.

Classy, sophisticated, stylish.


Whilst at The Village, I spotted this new signage by  the Zuuva store, which reads "Signature Closet". I loved it soo much that it was only befitting that i pay homage to that Signature factor!

*Apologies for the poor photo quality*

All of my clothes were local in this post:
Striped shirt, pumps and pants were from Jet
Pink blazer from Truworths
Tote from Safari Shue
Necklace was from The Village fleamarket

Stay Gorg and Glam,
GD

No comments:

Post a Comment