Pages

Wednesday 13 August 2014

NGOSIKADZI tent dress rocked Casual!


The third look from the blog’s NGOSIKADZI collabo, and the second look with the Ngosi tent dress is given a casual twist. In the last post we focused on an Evening glam look with the printed frock – downplaying the accessories with red, black and gold which complemented the dress’s vibrant colours. This time I’ve given the frock a casual day look which really centres around a good day in the African sun, whilst keeping trendy and chic.

How I Styled It – The GLAM Project Way
This time around I focused on comfort and being chic in the sun, so I paired the dress with black leggings, black scarf as a head wrap, favourite oversized Mr. Price sunnies, Marie Claire tote from Bata shoes, gold bracelet from Bling Bling and silver neckpiece also from Bling Bling. Inspiration for this look pretty much drew from my constant movement with public transport using kombis and taxis to get around. I always believe comfort is key and sometimes I’m in the mood to wear a dress, feel cute but at the same time appropriate. With fashion trends being a big down factor in Harare streets – it is sometimes suresafe to tone it down but still be uber stylish - (This is just my verdict, people have different experiences and I have my own).

What I Love About the Tent dress!
In the last post I mentioned how much I adore this dress; and here are some of the reasons why:

1. It is a light frock with the loudest and boldest print - The design boosts strong accents of reds and oranges, which makes the dress super exciting and different for a fun loving personality.

2. The dress is also great for colour co-ordination (and I love to co-ordinate in quirky ways); if you wish to incorporate with red, orange, blue and yellow. But keep these colours to your accessories, so that the dress is the centre of attention.

3. The dress reminds me of a 60s era! And I’m all about Nostalgia and good ol’ classic fashion – but this dress has a modern twist which is the PRINT. Remember in the last post I spoke of the added features of the V neck slit at the back and pockets?! Yep, this dress has got that IT factor!

GLAM Project Tip: take this dress from day to night by throwing on a nude/neutral cardi and switch the sandals for a summer thong wedge! It’s that simple.

Live, Love Print Fashion

Tendai Sophia.

NGOSIKADZI Casual Look:
Black Leggings
Black scarf as head wrap
Black and Gold sandals from Mr. Price (Now MRP)
Marie Claire tote from Bata Shoes
Gold Bracelet from Bling Bling
Oversized sunnies
Silver Neckpiece also from Bling

No comments:

Post a Comment