Pages

Saturday 31 May 2014

DeMOYO launches Winter Collection at Truworths Borrowdale Branch

I’m in the final stages of exam preparation and finalising school (hence my awkward silence), but I had to make one quick fashion event stop at the launch of Paidemoyo Chideya’s DeMOYO new winter collection range at Truworths Sam Levy Village. I’ve only been recently acquainted with the DeMOYO line, and I must say I’m inlove. The brand screams every epitome that is Tendai Sophia, it is feminine, sophisticated, CHIC and above all, it is tailor-made for the uber- sophisticated modern woman with form fitting silhouettes and a neutral colour palette. (I’ve an exclusive with Paidemoyo which is still in the works, but will be shared very soon! Keep on the lookout). For now I will say that Paidemoyo is off international recognition, having spent well over a decade building and crafting her brand abroad; with international liaisons that include Calvin Klein in New York City. Paidemoyo’s opening speech at the launch expressed her love for passion in art, creativity and inspiration. Stating that her stance is and has always been focus on women’s growth and empowerment, which readily shows in her clothing and her personality.

The launch took place on Friday 30 May, at approximately 6pm (yours truly arrived 18.15pm, with my sidekick and sister @ChipoLace). Familiar faces on rotation were @TatRobin, Shamiso Ruzvidzo, Ruvheneko Parirenyatwa and Fungai Tichawangana (the guru behind ZimboJam). Three models worked their stills in DeMOYO creations, first with formal casual attire and the next rotation they donned some of DeMOYO’s best evening couture pieces. And guests were treated to light snacks and bubbly. The launch covered just over two hours, but a lot of pictures, selfies and interactions took place, it’s all about Network Marketing empire!

I thoroughly enjoy how these events and launch parties are increasingly growing to promote local production (and can be super fun!). I’m sure you are well aware about my strong stance and advocating on local fashion, production and consumption. Anything to boost our Fashion industry and put it on the international map, is what Signature Toscie stands for. With that said I hope you will pop by Truworths at Sam Levy Village during the 2014 winter season to purchase a DeMOYO piece, yes Truworths is a bit on the pricier side but I promise you the material, texture and silhouette of the clothing is all worth it.

DeMOYO details:

Yours in Glamour and photos from the event below;

Tendai Sophia!


DeMOYO Collection on Display




DeMOYO winter shift dress in this season's winter "white trend".
Model wearing DeMOYO and Entertainment for the evening was provided by Cathy Mhlanga
Models showcasing DeMOYO.



 


Loved this model's make up done by Vault Cosmetics before the Launch Party 

The timeless crotchet dress, which has received its fair share of international recognition was given a demure twist for the Zimbabwean audience.


Beaded Evening gown

The Crowd 

Myself with Paidemoyo and my sister.
Photo courtesy of @TatRobin


Footsies, shoes, heels! Call them what you want but we took a snap!







Have a look at some of these pictures and more on my Instagram account @tendaitoscie

*FIN*

2 comments:

  1. Your red shoes are sooooo amazing! You look really tall here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess its my shoes that give me the good height :)

      Delete