Pages

Friday 3 January 2014

My Weekend Ensemble: Red and Stripes




My last Weekend Ensemble for 2013; I wore this look the Sunday before Christmas. I must say I must give myself a round of applause because I am doing a very good job transitioning from always wearing denim and pants to appreciating more skirts and dresses as of late. I guess it’s just part of growing up!

This ensemble was a very bold risk for me because I have never worn red nor do I own anything in the colour red; my sister chose the red blouse for me during an impromptu shopping trip. The striped bodycon skirt is from Jet stores Harare and I bought it because it had this allure of quirky and edginess to me when I first saw it; not only that but also another reason is that I love stripes. So I would like to think that this look embodies a lady-like edginess because I’ve a vintage red blouse on, paired with a striped skirt that has a killer zipper detail at the back; topped off with studded pumps (also from Jet) and my signature spiked necklace. The black is embodied in my black tote and I reserve a little class in my oversized Mr. Price sunglasses (Lord, bless these sunglasses because he knows how much I love them and how much they take care of me and further how much they are a prominent feature on the blog...Love love them).



I love how my style has evolved this year, particularly in the latter part of the year. I’ve been trying to master Parisian Chic (as most of you know I am an avid lover of French fashion and it's cuisine), so I try to incorporate a little bit of French, African and an edge to create the Signature looks you see on the blog.


So here’s to more Fabulous (local) Fashion in 2014 (and more growth in style). I’m always excited to share my looks with you!


Yours in Glamour…


Tendai Sophia.

No comments:

Post a Comment