Pages

Monday 25 March 2013

My Weekend Ensemble: Headscarf and Pink Blazer

Yesterday (Sunday, 24 March) was Palm Sunday which makes the beginning of Easter in the Christian Calendar. My main emphasis for my outfit post is the headscarf/doek (dhuku) i was rocking yesterday. I wanted to try something bold that i admired from editorial magazines and apply it to real life. Its safe to say i loved how it came out, despite the attention, i believe if you are gonna be a blogger you might as well experiment and try the craziest fashion. I don't think it shoulld be restricted to editorials only!

My headscarf/dook is an African/Paisley print stolen from my mom's closet (this isn't the first time i've declared my undying love for scarfs). My pretty pretty jacket is actually brand new, bought last week at Truworths in first street Harare. Its actually a formal jacket but when i tried it on, it looked more like a blazer jacket to me (i tricked my mind to believe this!). Needless to say this jacket is my brand new obsesssion in the months to come, you will be seeing alot of it!

My tank top is from SK2 and my beloved beloved jeans have been with me through thick and thin! They were in my first "Weekend Chill" post from 2012. And finally my clutch is old school stolen from mama's closet once again (i cant help it!).

Overall i'm loving how my little outfit experiment came out. It looks fab! And you will be seeing more of me in headscarfs/dooks!

Stay Gorg and Glam
GD

No comments:

Post a Comment