Pages

Monday 5 May 2014

Sisterly Festival Vibes at HIFA 2014

Our Tcheka tickets

Sisters Day Out. This was such a quick photo, not the right pose for me but i will share it.
My sister and I are the best buddies! Ok there is some occasional sibling rivalry, clothes stealing and style coping altercations here and there; but that is just normal sibling rivalry and competitiveness. Especially if you have an age gap of just two years! But then again it means we click on some level. So @ChipoLace and I took a break from our busy selves and went to check out HIFA (thanks to my pertinent nagging and persuasion), she finally obliged! We choose Thursday, which was HIFA Stanbic Bank Day and Workers day, (which meant it was a holiday and also exiting the house for us on the weekend is close to none!). The menu on our sisterly day was to check out British songstress Josephine, chill at the Coca cola green and take in the goods on display at the Royal Norwegian Embassy Global Quarter Craft and Design Centre (long name if you ask me!).

Anyway, our menu was shuffled a little bit. Instead of Josephine we ended up vibing to Tcheka and his amazing guitar skills with two of his bandmates. Josephine was already sold out for the day, so Tcheka was our only Cape Verdean option (and I must say a great option it was). It was mellow, soulful and energetic with the guitar mechanisms by Tcheka; it wasn’t disappointing at all. And the best part is, he was really cute!

Our next cue was the Craft and Design centre, which is really my forte to check out all of the budding local talent and artistry in crafts and polytechnic. I respect people’s ability to have art in their hands, it is such a beautiful gift. A lot of the pieces we saw were beautiful, handmade; covering the array of beaded jewellery from Dee Kaw Zee (they also showcased their pieces at SBA Pop Up party back in 2012), Identite Noire by Samantha Matemadombo, Goddess by Fatima and LonCrae couture all in the Fashion Hut. Other products on display were temporary tattoos and an interesting massage machine shaped like a dolphin! But hey the massages were free so we tried it out it (marketing strategy by the way). I would probably need two more blogposts to cover the whole of the Craft and Design centre, but I will leave it at just that.

Later in the day The BootyJive crew from Germany were on the menu on the Coca Cola Green, but of course only for a little while because our Sister’s Day Out was whiling down.
I hope we get to do this again (@ChipoLace and I) because sometimes there is not enough time to appreciate our siblings, try something new and just go with the flow. I would know this because I’m a blogger and half the time she doesn’t get it (or even why I tweet and Instagram a lot). So times like these are good for bonding whilst swaying to Tcheka. So now I turn to you, what is the one activity you do with your sibling to bond (an activity that is not shopping)? It could be a brother or sister? Do share with me.

And whilst you are at it, pass by my Instagram account for these pics and more!

Yours in Glamour,

Sophia!

Telecel Main Stage before Tcheka.
Now with Tcheka and his bandmates.
Reluctant Rebel fashion. Matching bags, shoes and jeans! #CasualChic

Royal Norwegian Embassy Global Quarter Craft and Design Centre




Pieces by Fatima of Goddess
Take a closer look at that neckpiece made out of buttons! How cool!.


A creative way to use recycled cans.
These brightly coloured sling bags were $60 each, made of real leather.

Remember my blogpost Live Laugh Love.. It's my favourite one to date.
I remember this beautiful neckpiece was $15. I love necklaces (and yes it's rubbing onto my sister).
As we exited, we gave one last look. #HIFA2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment